Please note: The northbound and southbound Highway 101 fast lanes will be closed between Linden and
Bailard Avenues nightly between Monday and Thursday, August 20th - 23rd, from 8:00 pm to 5:00 am. The southbound
off-ramp at Casitas Pass Road will be closed between 9:00 am and 3:00 pm on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and
Friday. The southbound off-ramp at Linden Avenue will be closed on Wednesday, August 22nd, from 9:00 am to 3:00
pm and from 11:00 pm to 5:00 am for utility work. Please expect night work on the highway near Linden Avenue and
Casitas Pass Road. See details below...
The photo above shows the rebar installation for the internal
supports of the new Carpinteria Creek Bridges.
Linden Avenue Overcrossing
- Work continues on the new underground support (pile) in the median. Crews are removing dirt from the new
pile, installing a rebar cage, and will pour concrete. Work will occur nightly.
- The northbound and southbound Highway 101 fast lanes will be closed nightly from Monday to Thursday between
Bailard and Linden Avenues between 8:00 pm and 5:00 am.
- One Highway 101 lane in each direction will remain open during the night work.
- Rebar and wood form work continues on the walls for the new overcrossing section.
- Southern California Edison will raise electrical lines over the freeway.
- The southbound Highway 101 off-ramp at Linden Avenue will be closed on Wednesday, August 22nd, from 9:00 am
to 3:00 pm and from 11:00 pm to 5:00 am. Please use the off-ramps at Reynolds Avenue or Casitas Pass Road as
Casitas Pass Road Overcrossing
- Crews will drive the underground supports (piles) in the median and for the new side supports (abutments).
Pile driving will occur between 7:00 am and 7:00 pm to limit nighttime noise. Wood form work and rebar
installation will begin for the side supports (abutments).
- The southbound Highway 101 off-ramp at Casitas Pass Road will be closed between 9:00 am and 3:00 pm Monday,
Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. Please use the Linden or Bailard Avenue off-ramps as detours.
- Crews will place additional concrete safety barrier near the Casitas Pass Road Overcrossing. There will be
flagmen in the area as needed throughout the week.
- New northbound Highway 101 on-ramp at Casitas Pass Road
- Grading and drainage work continues. Crews will also place additional concrete safety barrier and remove old
- Carpinteria Creek Bridges (northbound and southbound Highway 101)
- Northbound bridge
- Concrete has been poured for the internal supports. Crews will begin work on the bridge deck.
- Southbound bridge
- Rebar installation continues for internal supports (stems) and the underside (soffit) of the bridges.
Concrete pours begin for the internal supports.
- Northbound Highway 101 sound wall between Linden Avenue and Franklin Creek (Nipomo Drive)
- Sewer line relocation will finish up.
- Electrical work throughout the project will be ongoing for new street lights and traffic signals.
- Drainage improvements are beginning along northbound Highway 101 under the Casitas Pass Overcrossing.
- Utility work will be ongoing on Via Real and Vallecito Road. There will be flagmen in the area as needed. Via
Real will have one lane open between Casitas Pass and Vallecito Roads for the next few months.
Upcoming Work: fall/winter
- The Highway 101 southbound off-ramp at Casitas Pass Road will close for up to 1 month. Detour maps can be
viewed at SBROADS.com.